Pepsi IPL 2015 Logo

The 2015 season of the Indian Premier League (abbreviated as IPL 8 or Pepsi IPL 2015) is the eighth season of the IPL. Kolkata Knight Riders are the defending champions having won the title in the 2014 season. The complete tournament is expected to be held across different cities in India unlike the previous season. The tournament was started on Wednesday, 8 April 2015 after the end of the 2015 Cricket World Cup. A total of 60 T20 matches will be held in the entire tournament. No matches will be held in Kolkata between April 12 and April 25 due to Municipal Elections.

Franchises retained 123 players 8th IPL season before moving into auction. The released players provided an option to register themselves for auction. 6 Players were transferred across teams before the auction took place. In the Pepsi IPL 2015 auction held on February 16 at Bangalore, Yuvraj Singh was sold to Delhi Daredevils for 16 crores INR, for a record bid in IPL auction history. A total of 67 players were sold out in the auction and all franchises spent total of 87.60 Crores to buy players.

Cricket news from ESPN Cricinfo.com

Cricinfo Live Scores

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sahid Afridi - "I don't have temperament to play Test cricket"



Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi has defended his decision to quit Check cricket, saying they does not have the temperament to play the traditional format of the game. Afridi though feels that they ought to not have ended his Check career without finishing the series against Australia in England last year.

"My decision was absolutely the right. I don't think I am a Test-temperament player, hence it is best that in lieu of me, players more suited to Check cricket are selected," Afridi said.

Afridi said they did not become the Pakistan Check captain by choice and they was pressurised to take up the job in the interest of the team.

Afridi had quit the five-day format after Pakistan lost to Australia at Lord's, last year.


"However, I had made it clear that if I didn't enjoy it, I would leave. I ought to not have quit after that first Check, but I realised that Check cricket is not for me," they told Pakpassion.net.

"I didn't require to accept, but I was under pressure to accept it. I was advised that the unit that I had built [in ODIs] ought to be continued in Tests . I didn't require to back out or let the team down. The team was going through a difficult phase and they were trying to re-build the team (hence I accepted)," they said.

Afridi said the ODI side require to learn to utilise the batting powerplay well.

"Quite a few teams have faced issues with regards to the batting powerplay. For us, when they take the batting powerplay, they start losing wickets, so then they thought it is probably best to delay the powerplay and take it right at the finish to keep away from losing wickets earlier.

"I do realise they have this issue. The coach and I have discussed this in detail and hopefully they will see some better results on this in the upcoming series in the West Indies."

Afridi said they was happy to play the role of a floater batsman and was focusing more on his bowling which had paid rich dividends in the World Cup in which they took 21 wickets.

"I ought to make use of my batting according to the situation. There ought to be no set position for me," they said.

"For the past or years, I am a bowling all-rounder. I have focused a lot on my bowling in this period and Alhamdolillah it's worked well."


For More Detail Visit @ Livecricketnewz.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment