Pepsi IPL 2015 Logo

The 2015 season of the Indian Premier League (abbreviated as IPL 8 or Pepsi IPL 2015) is the eighth season of the IPL. Kolkata Knight Riders are the defending champions having won the title in the 2014 season. The complete tournament is expected to be held across different cities in India unlike the previous season. The tournament was started on Wednesday, 8 April 2015 after the end of the 2015 Cricket World Cup. A total of 60 T20 matches will be held in the entire tournament. No matches will be held in Kolkata between April 12 and April 25 due to Municipal Elections.

Franchises retained 123 players 8th IPL season before moving into auction. The released players provided an option to register themselves for auction. 6 Players were transferred across teams before the auction took place. In the Pepsi IPL 2015 auction held on February 16 at Bangalore, Yuvraj Singh was sold to Delhi Daredevils for 16 crores INR, for a record bid in IPL auction history. A total of 67 players were sold out in the auction and all franchises spent total of 87.60 Crores to buy players.

Cricket news from ESPN Cricinfo.com

Cricinfo Live Scores

Friday, June 3, 2011

Sachin Tendulkar Says "I am not satisfied yet"



"When you win something or score a century you say you are happy, but not satisfied. Satisfaction is like engaging the handbrake and hoping a automobile moves forward," Tendulkar told the latest issue of 'Sky Sports Magazine'.

Sachin Tendulkar has every batting record that is there to be made under his belt but the iconic Indian cricket player says they is still not satisfied along with his career as they considers satisfaction the beginning of stagnation.

"I am not satisfied yet with my career and what I have completed, not at all. I feel the moment you start to feel satisfied, then it is only natural that you start to cold down and lose it," they explained.


Tendulkar reiterated that they is not even thinking of retirement despite finishing over decades in international cricket.

"Life without cricket is unthinkable," they added. Tendulkar attributed his longevity and recent success to a stricter fitness regime, not playing Twenty20 Internationals and bowling only sparingly.

"I still love cricket as much as ever. It is my job, but it is also my passion. Cricket remains in my heart, I don't need anything else to motivate me. I dreamed of playing for my country when I was one times young and it is still my dream, it is still fun for me," the 38-year-old right-hander said.

"I am still learning about the game. I figure something out about my batting on a regular basis, you need to keep your mind open. I learn on a regular basis, those little adjustments, along with your footwork or bat swing can improve your game, I am liking doing that. You never know everything. Mentally that makes you feel so lovely. That is the best kind of preparation," Tendulkar said.

Recalling India's recent World Cup triumph after a gap of 28 years, Tendulkar said when the defining moment of his career finally arrived, they wasn't in the midst of the field wielding his bat, nor was they even on the balcony watching his teammates.

They only knew India had won the World Cup when they heard that cathartic roar reverberate around the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai as his captain, Mahendra Singh Dhoni hit the winning runs against Sri Lanka.

In lieu, they was on his own in the dressing room, his hands clasped together, his eyes closed as they prayed in silence.

Tendulkar described the experience as "a different kind of feeling, a high, like living on a different planet, it felt as though I was one times flying."

They had waited 22 years for this moment. For all his personal records - and they boasts the most Check runs and Check centuries, and the most One-Day runs and One-Day centuries - Tendulkar wanted something tangible, a trophy to lift, a medal to wear, and to win something as part of an Indian team.

Tendulkar had played in the earlier World Cups, but had fallen short each time. The experience left him feeling "shattered beyond words."

His fellow players laud the way Tendulkar has sustained himself at the top level.

"It has been fascinating watching the changes in his approach," said teammate Rahul Dravid. "From being a master blaster, they is now a mistake-proof batsman."

While they cannot control his body ageing, Tendulkar has increasingly sought to exert more control over his mind.

"Growing up, I picked up a lot from my brother, who never lost his temper, and I attempted to follow that, so I don't lose my cold."

"You must be still in your mind, and keep it blank. It is also important to keep away from any needless anger," they said.

This impenetrable mask doesn't slip away from the cameras either.

"I have never seen him lose his temper in the dressing room, they has never thrown his bat around even when given out wrongly," said Indian pace spearhead Zaheer Khan.

"Maybe they will have an additional bowl of ice cream, and that is when you realise they is upset."

For More Detail Visit @ Livecricketnewz.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment