Pepsi IPL 2015 Logo

The 2015 season of the Indian Premier League (abbreviated as IPL 8 or Pepsi IPL 2015) is the eighth season of the IPL. Kolkata Knight Riders are the defending champions having won the title in the 2014 season. The complete tournament is expected to be held across different cities in India unlike the previous season. The tournament was started on Wednesday, 8 April 2015 after the end of the 2015 Cricket World Cup. A total of 60 T20 matches will be held in the entire tournament. No matches will be held in Kolkata between April 12 and April 25 due to Municipal Elections.

Franchises retained 123 players 8th IPL season before moving into auction. The released players provided an option to register themselves for auction. 6 Players were transferred across teams before the auction took place. In the Pepsi IPL 2015 auction held on February 16 at Bangalore, Yuvraj Singh was sold to Delhi Daredevils for 16 crores INR, for a record bid in IPL auction history. A total of 67 players were sold out in the auction and all franchises spent total of 87.60 Crores to buy players.

Cricket news from ESPN Cricinfo.com

Cricinfo Live Scores

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Centurion Wade Says :Haddin is still No 1


Matthew Wade said Brad Haddin remained Australia's number check match wicketkeeper despite his maiden check century Tuesday shifting the final West Indies Check in favour of the tourists.
Wade, 24, was thrust behind the stumps for this series when 34-year-old Haddin stunned his side by announcing he was returning home for personal reasons and would not be available for choice.

Wade, a promising Aussie Rules footy player in his teenage years when growing up in Tasmania, came in when Australia were tottering on 164-6 in their first innings on the first day on Monday.
While he took time to move to his half century he went on the assault after that and scored his second fifty off 33 balls with the highlight successive sixes off the West Indies' most potent bowler Shane Shillingford.
He was finally out for 106 as Australia were dismissed for 328 on Tuesday and by stumps had the hosts in trouble on 165-8 giving them a lead of 163 and looking set to win the series in which they hold a 1-0 lead.
Wade, who overcame testicular cancer aged 16, refused to get carried away about his innings being the that sealed his place ahead of Haddin in the check side.

"I don't think it changes anything, my mindset definitely has not changed," said the Victoria number.
"There's plenty of day and T20 cricket in between, plenty of water under the bridge before the first Check against South Africa at the Gabba (in November), so I'll do my job and see the way it goes.

"Rodney Marsh (Australian selector) said that 'Hadds' is No. one in Check cricket and that sits fine with me, I am happy to fill the void for some time and go and play some day cricket."

Wade, whose sister Scott played Aussie Rules for the famed Hawthorn club in Melbourne, said that he was not looking far down the road as regards his long term check career.

He added that the tour had been a gradual learning method where he had had to modify to vastly different conditions from those he had encountered before.

"I don't think I had any doubt I could play Check cricket, it is been a large tour for me, I have learned a lot from the first game they played, the dayers where the conditions were so different from what I am used to," he said.

"I felt every game that I was getting a lot better, we have been working on things every day to get better in these conditions, they have subcontinent conditions coming up at the Twenty20 World Cup and that kind of stuff.

"It was about improving the little things.The conditions were a large thing and I brought my sweep shot in. Halfway through the day series I decided I'd use the sweep much more and I have brought that with me in to the Tests.

Wade's improvement throughout the tour was saluted by West Indies assistant coach Toby Radford.
"I think he's developed as the whole series has gone on," said Radford.

No comments:

Post a Comment