Pepsi IPL 2015 Logo

The 2015 season of the Indian Premier League (abbreviated as IPL 8 or Pepsi IPL 2015) is the eighth season of the IPL. Kolkata Knight Riders are the defending champions having won the title in the 2014 season. The complete tournament is expected to be held across different cities in India unlike the previous season. The tournament was started on Wednesday, 8 April 2015 after the end of the 2015 Cricket World Cup. A total of 60 T20 matches will be held in the entire tournament. No matches will be held in Kolkata between April 12 and April 25 due to Municipal Elections.

Franchises retained 123 players 8th IPL season before moving into auction. The released players provided an option to register themselves for auction. 6 Players were transferred across teams before the auction took place. In the Pepsi IPL 2015 auction held on February 16 at Bangalore, Yuvraj Singh was sold to Delhi Daredevils for 16 crores INR, for a record bid in IPL auction history. A total of 67 players were sold out in the auction and all franchises spent total of 87.60 Crores to buy players.

Cricket news from ESPN Cricinfo.com

Cricinfo Live Scores

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

To Bowl With Steyn It’s Like Godsend


Playing with Dale Steyn is a great opportunity. His run- up, follow through, action is all so effortless & beautifully rhythmic, its a lesson to watch him bowl. I talk to him about the tiny aspects of bowling speedy.

For an up & coming speedy bowler from Bihar, who now plays for Bengal, the chance of rubbing shoulders with arguably the best speedy bowler in the world  Dale Steyn  is a godsend & they wishes to make the most of it in the work of this edition of the IPL. For lots of wide- eyed Indian domestic players, basically watching the stars going about their business is a motivation & learning experience & the 19- year- elderly wishes to soak up as much of it as feasible.

I have touched 140 kmph in this IPL. I do know if I get my rhythm right, I can bowl faster than that. My action is open- chested & I am working on fine- tuning it to get more out of it. When I started bowling as a kid, I would try to copy the actions of pacers like Javagal Srinath, Shaun Pollock & then Brett Lee. I found the action of Lee to my liking.

You get to learn about how to maintain your fitness levels & what ought to & shouldnt do as a speedy bowler, Veer told MAIL TODAY . Last year was Veers debut season for Bengal & it was his ability to bowl at a nippy pace that caught the eye.  The IPL has been an eye- opener as the batsmen are looking to score off every delivery. The ball has to be slightly off line for it to be hit for a boundary. It is a steep learning curve, they explained.

In the absence of any recognised state cricket association, there was no opportunity for me to grow. So my seniors asked me to try my luck in Bengal. I went to Dadas (Sourav Ganguly) academy & played half a dozen club- level matches where I picked around twenty wickets. Before the match against Mumbai Indians, Veer had hoped that they would receive a chance to bowl to Sachin Tendulkar. On Sunday, they got the Tiny Master out. For a 19-year-old, thats the stuff dreams are made of.

When I went to the MRF Pace Academy, I was one time told to keep my action as front- on as feasible to keep away from injuries, they said.

No comments:

Post a Comment